Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Woes in the Land of the Rising Sun

Pathetic.Poignant.
As I watched the devastated modern island nation suffering from numerous blows, there are three people that come across my mind.
Two of whom I know of their state but one unheard. My prayers be with them.

I do not have the privilege to cover the catastrophe.
I can only store the envy inside me when other correspondents went to the tragedy site and spoke to the survivors.

Nevertheless, I am following the news indoor and checked for any updates during the morning.
Breaking news poured in for the past two days.

Many theories have been forwarded to explain the massive quake to the blasts.

Some include the "Supermoon" theory on the proximity of moon to the Earth, the repetitive nuclear tests conducted without the public's knowledge which trigger the seabed to unleash its accumulated intoleration, the side-effect of previous tsunamis and anti-green acts, acts of God  and so forth.

I am looking forward to 19th March 2011. It is said that the moon will be at its closest to the Earth since 1992. The moon will be bright and full. However, the beautiful sight of it is said to attract further chaos in this world.

We shall wait and see.

That day will also marked my life annivesary of my sojourn in the earth, that I have stayed and breathe in this troubled world for less than 50 years but more than 20 years. Someone told me that he has come to the point of not being bothered to count the aging years. Yes, he's right.Coz we should not count the aging years, but to count our blessings.

When all is devastated, ravaged and nothing left, we should take a good look of what we have and had all these while and NOW. What we should treasure. Who we should spend time with. What we should do.
What we could do.
Before we waved goodbye.
In this 'borrowed heaven'.

Borrowed Heaven(2007)
The Corrs









No comments:

Post a Comment