Sunday, November 27, 2011

FATE and FAITH

I went to my potential graveyard one Saturday evening. It was a calm, soothing moment. The sands, sun and sea were around to accompany. What more could I ask? The lovely dusk was there to witness.
I walked by and read the tombstones. I wonder how their life have been before they went into the grounds.
Some have been there for many years, even before I join the earth and some have just reach the ground a few days ago. If I have a choice, I would ask for a cover from walking and returning to dust. Knowing is painful.

As I look deeper, I suppose we have no choice from the beginning. Whether we do later in the journey, I couldn't be sure. At this point of time, I conclude that life is made of fate. Perseverance and diligence count but fate is the mother still. Whether one will persevere, whether will have the determination to fight and survive till the end, these unravel one by one in this unknown - fate.

I went to the art house in the CBD one Friday. Picked the cinema critics. Watched and extracted the pieces to patch myself , to prevent the fading art in my soul and spirit. This saying of C.Lewis caught my attention,

"Faith...is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods."

The last four words are interesting. We do always act upon our impulse. Feelings. Views. People.
We affect and influence one another.
But there is one thing we should never allow others to kill or invent  - FAITH.

What is FAITH? What do I believe? What do I hold to? How true it is?
Do I believe because I am told it is so? 
Compliance and obedience is easy. When you do likewise without examining and questioning, it comes rather easy.
I am in the journey to seek more. I have no choice because I am already here although one day I will no longer be. One thing I must remember, I shall not have a faith dictated by people, circumstances and all other factors. And when I have embraced one upon MY decision, I should not allow others to kill it .Yea, also despite my changing moods. Because Faith is FAITH.

Artist: Five For Fighting
Album: Two Lights
Year: 2006
Title: The Riddle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q2wvhArAn8&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment